Wednesday, August 14, 2013

30-by-30 Update

I have 2 months minus one day to check off the items on my list. Here's how it's going so far

1. Publish my book - Not yet, still doing some editing but I've found a place where I can publish it as an ebook at any time and even set my own price. I feel good that this will be done by my Bday.

2. Win a jiu-jitsu match in competition - Nope, and it likely won't happen mainly because the tournament I want to enter is a couple week after my birthday.

3. Shoot a desert eagle…the gun, not a bird - Check! Such a cool gun to fire. See it on my YouTube channel: D. Eagle

4. Go rock climbing - Not yet but in late September I'll be on the mainland and, weather permitting, I'll be rock climbing with my buddy Biggs.

5. See a professional sports game - I forgot this was on the list...not many professional sports come to Hawaii so this one's kind of tough...probably why I forgot about it

6. Watch a meteor shower - Check! Last Sunday was the peak of the Perseid Meteor shower. I almost didn't see anything because it was cloudy but patience paid off with a meteor that streaked across half the sky.

7. See a 20+ foot wave - Not yet, the waves should be getting big in the next month or so.

8. Go to a concert…with a good band playing - Check! I watched Coheed & Cambria. I hope they come back again! Check out my YouTube to see a couple shaky clips of Claudio's awesome hair with crappy sound quality :) Number City and A Favor House Atlantic

9. Be part of a triathlon relay team - Nope. Haven't been keeping my eye on triathlons that are going on. I'm not really in triathlon shape either at the moment.

10. Play Hotel California all the way through…the acoustic version…on the guitar - Working on it. I've been practicing and need to practice more. I'll get it though!

11. Win a Texas Holdem poker tournament - Nope. I've played in a few poker tournaments but didn't come out on top. I'm not sure how many more I'll get to play in from now until my birthday but I may get another chance.

12. Complete a Tough Mudder - Nope. It hasn't come to Hawaii yet despite of years of rumor. I'll be in a Spartan Race this weekend though, it's pretty similar.

13. Shoot a medieval style longbow - Not yet. I need to look into archery ranges around here and hope somebody has a traditional bow I can shoot.

14. See a great-white shark…preferably from inside a steel cage - Not gonna happen. I'll be in California at the perfect time of year to do this but it costs about $1000...can't scrape that together.

15. Swim with a turtle...again - Will do. Anybody want to go to Hanauma Bay?

16. Cliff dive - Not yet. I can venture to Waialua Falls or discover another spot to safely jump.

17. Begin writing my second book - technically not yet. I've began outlining the beginning but haven't started actually writing it yet. Focusing more on finishing the first book.

18. Dip my fingers in the chocolate business - Other than sending the occasional customer to Kauai, I haven't done this one. In the long term, this goal along with goals #1 and #17 are the most important. Even if I don't get it by my birthday it's still going to remain a goal.

19. Bake a cake…I wonder if I can make it with whiskey...yeah, whiskey cake!! - Not yet, I need to research a recipe. Does anybody have one?

20. Hike olomana…all 3 peaks - Check! Awesome hike with a few risky spots. Check out my blog about it: Olomana

21. Scuba dive - Forgot about this one. There has to be someplace around here that will let me dive without being certified...

22. Start a bon fire - Nope. Need a place, an occasion, and a good group of people...and a bunch of junk to burn. Are bon fires illegal?

23. Draw a gracie triangle in my facial stubble - I tried and was reminded how utterly hopeless my drawing skills are. I need help with this one.

24. Jump out of a plane…and land safely - Not yet. There's a few places here I could hop out of a plane for around $150. Just need to save a day for it.

25. Earn some $$ by writing - Tried and not yet. I've responded to a few job ads on Craigslist but didn't get any replies. I'll keep trying though.

26. Create a video that gets 1000+ hits on YouTube - Not yet. I've broken the 100 mark, just need to add another digit.

27. Mix a whiskey mint cocktail…that tastes awesome - Kind of. I created a mix and I think it tastes good but I need some others to try it. Anybody interested?

28. Ride a Harley across a desert - This one is kind of tough because Hawaii doesn't have a desert...and I don't have a Harley. Does anybody have a Harley with a desert I could borrow?

30.  Participate in Run for your Lives...as a Zombie! - Will do. A bunch of friends and I will be running as Zombies in late September. It's going to be so much fun, stay tuned for a blog and pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment