Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Insanity - Home Stretch

Well it's finally here, the last week of Insanity! Hard to believe it's been about 2 months already. The gains have been noticeable, both in performance and appearance. And dang, this workout is a beat down. The better I get, the more I can do, and the more I do, the more exhausted I get. So as I perform better I get more exhausted, but I recover quicker so I can get back into it sooner than before. It's a vicious cycle but I kinda like it.

Tonight's workout was brutal just like last week. But I did better. More importantly my mind was in a better place. Rather than thinking “all right let's get on with it” I was thinking “bring it on, let's do this!” Just a shift in mentality led to a whole different, and much more positive, experience.

During the second month of Insanity I've been a lot hungrier. And I don't mean hungrier as in hungry for the win or for the results. I mean hungry as in I want to eat! So the other day I reviewed the Insanity nutrition guide and discovered that I was supposed to adjust my food intake to compensate for the longer and more intense workouts. I could have been eating more the past 3 weeks. Dang it! At least I'll be able to adjust my diet this final week so I shouldn't suffer through the hunger as much.

Five more workout days left, two of them are dual workouts, and then my final Fit Test. It's gonna hurt. But hey it's hurt since day one so bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment