Sunday, May 6, 2012

Insanity – Killing Bugs With Sweat


This workout isn't getting any easier. But let's start with a few shortcomings. I had a couple lapses in the past week. It's confession time.

On Monday I had two workouts to do. The Fit Test followed by the Max Interval Circuit. I did the fit test and performed well (I'll post all my Fit Test stats when I finish the program). But when I got into the interval workout I just wasn't feeling it. I wasn't tired or anything just completely not into it. Let's just say I was stressing about something and it weighed very heavy on my mind. After the warm up I just pulled the plug and ended it.

Wednesday was another dual workout day. Max Cardio Conditioning followed by Insane Abs. I made it through the conditioning workout but had to ditch the abs workout. I didn't manage my time well that day so I only got through one workout before having to do something else.

Slacking on a couple workouts is bad enough but there were a few lapses in the diet as well. I visited the snack table at work a few times more than needed. There was a May Day event at work, which included a Hawaiian plate lunch. Dang it was delicious but so not part of the meal plan. On Friday there was a farewell party for a co-worker so of course we had some dessert. My plate had a banana and two nicely-sized cookies. I figure the banana offsets the cookies, right? Yeah, right. Saturday was a belated birthday lunch for a buddy of mine involving pizza and beer. Man...pizza...dang how I've missed thee.

Rather than wallowing in my shortcomings each day I've instead just moved on. Fall short one day, okay get back on it the next day. I've noticed that I'm performing better in the workouts. I can do more crazy push-up variations than last week and the week before. Although I still have a tough time getting all the way through the 2nd month warm-up. Go figure...

Oh, about the title of this blog. I wear a compression shirt during the workouts and I like to wring it out when I'm done to see how much sweat comes out. A lot comes out, almost as if I dunked the whole shirt into a bucket of water. Anyway, I one day I wrung out the shirt into my bathroom sink and there was a small ant crawling around in there. Poor bugger never had a chance...

No comments:

Post a Comment