Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year, new things

Hey it's my first blog of 2011...and possibly my first blog ever. My holiday season passed as quickly as it came. I spent Christmas with my family on Kaua'i and hung out with my brother a bit. Ate lots of food and gained about 4 pounds in two days...good stuff. I spent New Years Eve on a rooftop with some friend and some drinks and watched half of Oahu set off fireworks. The place looked like a war-zone as a blanket of smoke covered the city lights. It was an awesome sight.

Since the year is new I figure I should keep up with some new things that I've begun recently. Top of the list is Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I joined the Gracie Barra University of Hawaii (check it out at http://www.gb-uh.com/). I've been watching MMA fights for a while now and have always been fascinated with the technique involved in BJJ. Mix that with wanting to learn a martial art and there ya go! I joined the school. I've been training for about a month now, I usually get man-handled and bruised up, but I love it!
I've also been writing for the past year. I've been developing a story, written a few short-stories, recorded a few dreams (which has me convinced that I'm part-crazy), and I like writing haikus. Only thing is that I haven't shared any of my writing with anybody. So I look to share some of my work. Be on the lookout for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment