Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year, New Ways

All right, my first blog of 2012! I've been doing this blogging thing for a year now. Hopefully somebody's enjoying it. The holiday season of 2011 was awesome and way, way too short...another indication that it was also way, way awesome. Spent time with friends, spent time on Kaua'i with family, and had a blast with both. New years was fun too. The state banned all fireworks this year so naturally there were tons of fireworks going off everywhere. Good times!

Last year I made an effort to try new things. Top of the list was Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu with the Gracie Barra University. I stuck with that all year and plan to keep it up. I also wrote a number of blogs and have worked almost daily on a novel I aim to publish, an endeavor I began a year ago. The whole writing a book thing is about as hard as I thought it would be, which is pretty damn hard. Still have a lot of work to do there. I also made a number a new friends and went on many awesome hikes.

So I don't want to get caught up reflecting on the past year so I'll switch gears and look ahead. Things to continue? Jiu-jitsu: a must. Hiking: absolutley! Writing: always. But I want to put a twist on things somehow. Haven't figured that part out yet...I know I want to better understand jiu-jitsu. Begin to develop my style more refined to fit me. Maybe that will open my eyes up to see how, conceptually at least, the gentle art applies to daily life off the mats. By the way, I'm starting a separate blog dedicated to jiu-jitsu so keep your eyes open for that. With my writing my goal is to finish the first draft of my book by the end of the year. I'm about halfway through right now but have been experiencing a lot more writer's block lately. It's gonna be tough but I'm sticking it out.

I'll keep this one brief. Thank you to everybody who played a role in 2011...if you're reading this that includes you, thanks. And to my friends and family who stick by me, much mahalos. And of course, happy new year to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment