Monday, April 16, 2012

Insanity - Week 5

It's recovery week!! That doesn't mean I get a break though. I do the same workout every day of the week but it only halfway kills me. The recovery workout doesn't focus on cardio as much as the other ones I've done so far. It focuses more on movement, engaging the core, and balance. I can get through the whole workout with very few breaks. Actually my breaks only come during the last two segments of the workout that work the hip flexors and the shoulders.

Overall the program has been going well. I can see and feel results. My clothes are getting looser and I'm almost at the point where I need to tighten my belt one more notch. I've lost about 9 pounds and my body fat has decreased by 3% since I began the program. Granted I was about 9 pounds overweight when I began but never mind that part. I'm back to a normal weight and I'm slimming down. Progress!!

The nutrition plan continues to be my greatest challenge. I'm used to pushing through exhausting workouts but I'm not used to passing up dessert. I plan certain cheat days like when I know I'm going out with friends for a drink (yes a beer counts as a cheat) or if there's some event involving food. When that happens I just go into it knowing that I'm doing well with the workouts so consider those departures from the meal plan as a break and get back to it at my next meal. After all, there is a rest day from the workouts, so why not a “rest” meal from the meal plan? I don't feel guilty at all with that mindset and that saves me some stress. I just make sure to limit my “rest” days to twice a week.

I'm midway through Insanity and tomorrow begins the next level of workouts. They're supposed to be more challenging than what I've been doing, which makes me nervous because what I've been doing has been challenging as hell. Oh, and before I wrote how Mr. Shaun T always asks, “how y'all doin?” and before my answer was “fricken horrible!”...now my response is “fricken horrible!”...haha, but one time I only said “horrible” so I guess it's getting a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment