Saturday, October 11, 2014

What Do People Thank Me For?

Holding the door open. I hear 'thank you' a lot for that. Giving a good effort when sparring. That's a cool one I get during jiu-jitsu training. We'll go at it trying to rip each other's limbs off or choke each other into unconsciousness and when time is up we thank each other for it. Sort of a reminder that we're actually helping each other get better and not actually trying hurt each other. Let's see, what else...

I get thanked by co-workers when helping them write a document, correspondence letter, or email. I've been thanked by friends for helping them write resumes. I've been thanked by family memebers for gifts. I've been thanked by friends for sending them chocolates from my family's shop. I've been thanked by my family for gathering honest customer feedback about their shop.

Hmm...what else. I've been thanked for sharing workout routines. I've been thanked for sharing running tips, teaching people how to swim, and for organizing outings with friends. I've also been thanked for saying thank you. This one probably happens most often because of the office environment I work in. It's courteous to say 'thank you' after each interaction and the most common reply is another 'thank you'. Funny how that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment